Photobucket

Monday, May 5, 2008

Reese Witherspoon Walks for Breast Cancer

Reese Witherspoon, Avon Global Ambassador and Honorary Chair of the Avon Foundation, joins walkers at the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Washington, D.C. on Sunday. The weekend-long event attracted 3,500 participants who raised $8.1 million.

Here’s what Reese, 32, had to say at the event:

On her kids Ava, 8, and Deacon, 4: “[They have] always kind of known me to be who I was, and if people know Mom at the grocery store, I think they kind of like it. Obviously, if you’re not having the greatest day, it’s not always easy, but for the most part, (fame) brings a lot of positive things into our life.”

On her role as an Avon ambassador: “I’ve always been very focused on creating positive images and doing things to give back to women.”

On her Four Christmases co-star Vince Vaughn: “He’s great! He’s so funny. We had a great time riffing off each other. Sometimes I would just cry from laughing so hard.”

On her daughter Ava: “She has a very giving spirit, so it’s great to encourage that. There’s a great responsibility to educate your children and show them what’s important in life, which includes giving back.”

On why she participated in this event: “I am very excited to be partnering with the Avon Foundation and to help them continue to affect real change. I feel a great responsibility in my own life to give back to society. As the Honorary Chairman of the Avon Foundation, one of my first experiences last year was to meet Avon Walk walkers at a training walk in Los Angeles. Now I am proud to support the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer here in Washington, D.C. and hope my presence can in some measure express my deep appreciation for all the women and men who participate in the Avon Walks, and for all of the people who dedicate their lives to breast cancer research and care.”

P.S. Reese was spotted visited boyfriend Jake Gyllenhaal on the set of his new movie, Nailed, in Columbia, SC, on Friday. The cople walked hand-in-hand laughing and playfully teasing each other.

15+ pictures inside of Reese Witherspoon walking for breast cancer…

0 comments: