Photobucket

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Mandy Moore @ Beautiful Girls Lunch

Mandy Moore performs on stage at the Beautiful Girls Ladies Fashion lunch at the Victorian Racing Club in Melbourne, Australia on Wednesday.

Here’s Mandy’s latest MySpace message to her fans from down under, or “Dan Undah” as she calls it:

“Greetings from Dan Undah! Once again, I have to say this country blows me away in EVERY way. We just got to Adelaide after spending three full days in Perth. Amazing. We played two shows with Ben Lee opening for him before he took the stage in front of a 65-piece orchestra. Words can’t explain how brilliant he is and how genius the arrangements were of his songs. He had the crowds in the palm of his hands.

“It was a bit awkward to step on stage here for the first time here in years - especially with my own music and (and no dancers that I’m sure a bulk of the audience might have been expecting!) We are touring barebones-style with just Loren on piano and Chaves on guitar. It’s actually really great sometimes to not have the pressure of the full band but I can’t wait to get back down here with the set-up we toured with in the States.

“For the next week, we’ll be doing a short intimate set opening for Kelly Clarkson down here and then off to Manila to play one show there on the 12th.

“Happy to come home after this trip and really dig into some film projects I’ve had my eyes on now that everything is back up in motion. I am so ready to get back to work in terms of writing my next record, recording some demos and hopefully locking in a compelling and challenging film project.”

0 comments: